Viser resultater 1 til 12 af 12

Emner: FIFA big club bias

Tilmeldingsdato
    Apr 2006

FIFA big club bias

Hi lads,
    I know many of ye may not care but the few that know me know I travel to see FCK from Ireland as much as I can, deep down you know I am a Cork City fan. (Cork City are my wife, FCk are like my mistress). Cork City have a problem with 2 players who have played for 2 other clubs this year. The FIFA rule states that no player can play for 3 clubs in one season,
    Our season runs from March to November and the English season runs August to May.

Do you remember the Mascherano move from West Ham to Liverpool?
    This is the same scenario but FIFA have blocked our two players from playing for us. Both are irish too. Can you please read the press report and spread the word that FIFA are treating small clubs differently to big clubs. This is NOT fair. Just because Liverpool are giants and have more money they get better treatment!

Please write to FIFA, tell your friends, stop this FIFA BIG CLUB BIAS.

From : http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...418813&cc=5739

FIFA could see their confusing transfer regulations challenged in the European courts after Cork City were refused permission to register players who had already represented two clubs since last July.

The Irish outfit signed Colin Healy and Gareth Farrelly on two year deals in February but were subsequently told they would be unable to feature until the end of the current worldwide registration period which ends on June 30. Cork would have been their third club which is against the governing body's rules.

However, the Eircom league outfit felt they had a strong case when appealing the decision considering Javier Mascherano's move to West Ham from Liverpool in January.

Liverpool argued that the regulation did not apply as Mascherano had spent time with Corinthians in Brazil, where the season is run in line with a January to December calendar. This is just how the football season runs in Ireland.

But this week FIFA threw out the appeal barring the two players from working in football again until July 1. It means FIFA's rule is in conflict with European Union law which forbids restrictions for its citizens to work when and where they want.

Cork still have the right to a further appeal through the footballing authorities but the players themselves could take the matter to the European courts. It is believed that as many as 30 players hoping to register for Irish clubs face similar problems.

The Finnish FA has already decided to ignore FIFA's rule and allow players to register under these same circumstances.

Cork boss Damien Richardson told the Irish Examiner: 'The whole situation puts the players and myself in a precarious position. It's not politically correct to stop men with family responsibilities from earning a living.

'I can't see that being accepted in any law, in any country, in any part of the world. We're reaching a very difficult situation if fellas just have to sign on the dole, go look for a postman's job or work in the bank.

'There's very, very hard decisions to be made and very, very hard questions to be asked. FIFA just seem to be washing their hands of this. I've got to exert as much pressure on people as I possibly can.

'Is it the fact that unless you're one of the big important people, you're not important? The morality and legality of situation needs to be looked at. I don't think there's a country in the world, no matter how developed, that can deny a man his right to a living. If he's got a job how can you stop him working. It's a basic human right.'

THANK YOU FCK FANS!

Please sign http://www.gopetition.com/online/11771.html
    Sidst redigeret af Scotty-CorkCityFc : 05.04.07 kl. 09:59
    Cork City FC, Here Today, Here Forever

Tilmeldingsdato
    Jul 2005

Re: FIFA big club bias

And I thought Platini was the new president of the UEFA.
    Can't he help you? He loves the small teams :)
    Nice initiative at all though. Hannes Sigurdsson is about to get the same permission as Mascherano. If he gets, you are totally right.

Tilmeldingsdato
    Apr 2006

Tilmeldingsdato
    Nov 2001

›Do you remember the Mascherano move from West Ham to Liverpool?
    ›This is the same scenario but FIFA have blocked our two players
    ›from playing for us. Both are irish too. Can you please read the
    ›press report and spread the word that FIFA are treating small
    ›clubs differently to big clubs. This is NOT fair. Just because
    ›Liverpool are giants and have more money they get better
    ›treatment!

Well, that's Liverpool for you.

In fact, the cases don't even compare that well. Healy and Farrelly are both out of contract - Healy was at Barnsley from the start of the 2006/07 season, got loaned out to Bradford, and then had his contract annulled. Farrelly got sacked at Bohemians in Ireland, where he was player-manager, then signed a short-term contract at Blackpool, playing one game.

Meanwhile, Mascherano was on £45,000 a week at West Ham, and would still have been if the move to Liverpool hadn't gone through. He just wasn't able to push such world-beaters as Hayden Mullins from the side.

Nice one, FIFA.

mvh,
    -smølle

5. De følgende 2 brugere er enige:

Tilmeldingsdato
    Apr 2006

Thanks for the support lads!
    But we need more signatures.. Please sign the petition...
    Say your an FCK fan, say you disagree! Please we need to change this ias towards the Big European Clubs!

Thanks for your support!

http://www.gopetition.com/online/11771.html

7. De følgende 3 brugere er enige:

Tilmeldingsdato
    Apr 2006

Everyday more and more Danes sign the petition! Thanks very very much!

Tilmeldingsdato
    Jan 2002

›Everyday more and more Danes sign the petition! Thanks very very much!

does cork have a chance in europe next season?
    fckjoe
    "FCK London! The support from abroad. Byenshold is followed from another capital."
    fcklondon.blogspot.com
    fckjoe

Tilmeldingsdato
    Apr 2006

››Everyday more and more Danes sign the petition! Thanks very very much!

›does cork have a chance in europe next season?
    Yeah we are playing in the Intertoto Cup so I think with 3 rounds we have a chance of getting through to the UEFA Cup!
    The last time we were in the Intertoto Cup we lost to Nantes 4-2 (agg) in round 3 beating Malmo FF (4-1) and NEC Nijmegen (1-0) on the way!

We have a good record in Europe over the last 3 years, beating Djurgarden, Malmo, Nijmegen, Apollon Limassol, Ekranas and narroly losing to Slavia Prague, Red Star Belgrade along the way.

We had a bad end to season losing a few players Kevin Doyle to Reading, George O'Callaghan to Ipswich, Alan Bennett to Reading, Danny Murphy to Motherwell! We stioll could have won the Championship on the last day last season but lost to Derry 2-0. Got our revenge last week though beating them 4-1 away! We play Shamrock Rovers tonight!

If we can get these two players (Colin Healy and Gareth Farrelly Both Irish Internationals) to play we have a good chance! We may not be the best team in the world but at least we drink the beer, sing our songs and have fun! Hopefully we will have a trip to Denmark this year!

Tilmeldingsdato
    Apr 2006

does cork have a chance in europe next season?
    The draw has been made!

We will play Valur of Iceland!

Round 1
    Cork City V Valur

Round 2
    Cork City/Valur V Hammerby/Klaksvik

Round 3
    CCFC/V/HAIF/K V Dutch Team

Tilmeldingsdato
    Jul 2005

››

›The draw has been made!

›We will play Valur of Iceland!

›Round 1
    ›Cork City V Valur

›Round 2
    ›Cork City/Valur V Hammerby/Klaksvik

›Round 3
    ›CCFC/V/HAIF/K V Dutch Team

Which Dutch team is it? 2nd placed in their league?

Tilmeldingsdato
    Oct 2004

It is most likely going to be one of the following dutch teams

Feyenoord
    sc Heerenveen
    Roda JC
    FC Groningen

My opinion is that you will have a hard time against all of these opponents. Also in round 2 you are facing a decent Swedish team.

But irish football is getting better all the time. I think there is maybe a 30% chance that you will get a ticket to the UEFA-Cup

Tilmeldingsdato
    Apr 2006

It is most likely going to be one of the following dutch teams

›Feyenoord
    ›sc Heerenveen
    ›Roda JC
    ›FC Groningen

›My opinion is that you will have a hard time against all of these
    ›opponents. Also in round 2 you are facing a decent Swedish team.

›But irish football is getting better all the time. I think there
    ›is maybe a 30% chance that you will get a ticket to the UEFA-Cup
    In the last 3 years we have beaten 2 Swedish teams and a Dutch team- 100% record! We beat DIF, MFF and NEC Nijmegen! Derry City also beat IFK Gothenburg last year so hopefully we can at least get to round 3! The Dutch team will be tough though! Irish football is getting much better but the problem is our own people dont give it a chance and instead support English Football through Television! I hate this attitude but Irish people are lazy! :-D

Thread Information